AXIS GeoAviation LLC (AGA) is rapidly expanding its operations and currently seeking both full-time and part-time pilots to conduct aerial data acquisition of both high resolution imagery and LiDAR. AGA is looking for an individual with the ability to be successful working independently, as well as in a team setting. The ideal candidate is self-motivated with excellent decision making and problem solving abilities, and the ability to communicate well and speak fluent English. AGA’s base of operations is KESN in Easton MD. All relevant experience levels will be considered. First consideration will be given to pilots with aerial mapping experience. AGA will train a proficient pilot experienced in other areas of aviation. Whether you are a pilot with 500 TT in commercial aviation, a semi-retired corporate jet or airline captain – AGA may have a flexible position for you in our operations.
Full-time pilots can expect approximately 240-400 hours annually with the majority flown between October through May (leaf-off season).
Aerial missions require VFR conditions and most transits to/from missions are VFR also. Weekend and holiday work schedules are probable. High volume of missions are in the Mid-Atlantic region. Some extended travel (overnights) may be required for larger missions beyond 300nm from KESN. Extended travel will not usually be longer than 7 days.
Full-time salary commensurate with experience. Expected salary range for AGA full-time pilot is $35,000 – $60,000+ annually, plus full benefits package and performance bonuses.
Duties and Responsibilities (Full-time Pilots)
- Pilot in command responsible for the safe operation of AGA aircraft and sensors;
- Conduct flights in compliance with FAA CFR 14 Part 91 regulations, aircraft limitations and company operating procedures;
- Function as PIC proficiently flying aerial mapping missions within project specifications, tolerances and AGA standards;
- Fly the required mapping missions when weather, ground conditions and ATC (if applicable) permits;
- Mission planning including aircraft performance calculations, weather interpretation, ground support coordination, air traffic control coordination and daily project management reports;
- Effectively work with the sensor operators to safely and efficiently complete each mission;
- Assist in the installation and removal of sensor equipment;
- Perform a preflight and a post flight inspection of the aircraft which includes cleaning the inside and exterior of the aircraft after each flight;
- Understand and comply with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business;
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or the equivalent;
- Current Commercial SEL/MEL and Instrument Rating;
- 750 hours total time;
- 500 hours commercial;
- 100 hours multi engine;
- 2nd Class Medical;
- PIC experience flying VFR inside Class B and C airspace;
- DC Special Flight Rules Area (SFRA) awareness training certificate.
- 1000+ TT;
- ATP, CFI, CFII, MEI;
- PIC experience in flying aerial Imagery/LiDAR using GPS-enabled sensors (Track’Air FMS a plus);
- Cessna 206 time a major plus;
- Navajo or Aztec time;
- Experience with G1000 Cockpit;
- Experience with Foreflight Mobile;
- PIC experience inside restricted airspace.
- Fly mapping missions for approximately 3 continuous hours, twice daily with an hour rest between;
- Work during early mornings, late evenings, weekends and possibly a holiday;
- Outside flight operations, exposure to the cold and heat, elements of the seasons;
- Able to climb a 6’ stepladder;
- Individually able to lift up to 75lbs;
AXIS GeoAviation LLC is an equal opportunity employer. AGA does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, or any other protected status.
All job offers and continued employment with AGA are contingent upon passing a background check and subject to random drug screening.
How To Apply
Please upload a letter of interest, resume with professional references, and salary history in one (1) PDF via online form below.