AXIS GeoAviation LLC (AGA) is expanding its operations and currently seeking aerial sensor operators to conduct data acquisition of both high resolution imagery and LiDAR from our aircraft, which are based at our headquarters in Easton, MD and also from our office in Ormond Beach, FL. These individuals must have the ability to be successful working independently, as well as in a team setting. The ideal candidate is self-motivated with excellent decision making and problem solving abilities, and the ability to communicate well and speak fluent English. There is the opportunity for career development within the company. All relevant experience levels will be considered. First consideration will be given to individuals with aerial mapping experience.
Flying inside our aircraft the Sensor Operator will acquire airborne data with hands-on, direct command and control of dual channel LiDAR sensor and high resolution digital camera. The Sensor Operator will also work closely with pilots while flying terrain and monitoring acquisition computers. This position is also responsible for the post processing of GPS and LiDAR data, initial processing of collected aerial datasets, and a complete Quality Assurance & Quality Control (QA/QC) of post processed data.
- Acquire airborne data using LiDAR, thermal infrared and digital multi-spectral imagery from our aircraft:
- Understand and communicate capabilities and limitations of the sensor and system;
- Coordinate with system operators, local survey parties, pilots, ATC and other third parties as required to accomplish the collection missions;
- Work directly with the Pilot-in-Command (PIC) during all aspects of in-flight mission;
- Ensure safe and secure use of company equipment and instrumentation;
- Coordinate with system manufactures to trouble shoot field related issues and post processing issues;
- Efficient reporting and communication with project managers, operations and other departments;
- Timely completion of necessary field logs and data transfer duties.
- Interest in GIS and remote sensing;
- Understanding of geospatial concepts;
- Understanding of GPS survey methods;
- Effective technical description (communication and documentation) of instrument and/or mission failures;
- Computer proficiency;
- Decision making and problem-solving abilities;
- Comfortable flying in small aircraft over diverse topography;
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years work experience in GIS, Remote Sensing, Earth Sciences or related field;
- Working knowledge of TrackAir, TopoFlight, QGIS;
- Minimum 2 years of experience of airborne LiDAR acquisition, production, classification and editing;
- Proficiency with mapping software including QA/QC experience, TerraSolid and Microstation;
- UAS experience.
- Fly mapping missions for approximately 3 continuous hours, twice daily with an hour rest between;
- Work during early mornings, late evenings, weekends and possibly a holiday;
- Deployed for extended periods for larger missions;
- Outside flight operations, exposure to the cold and heat, elements of the seasons;
- Able to climb a 6’ stepladder;
- Individually able to lift up to 75lbs
AXIS GeoAviation, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. AGA does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, or any other protected status.
All job offers and continued employment with AGA are contingent upon passing a background check and subject to random drug screening.